Welcome to the middle of the week!
Mid Week Tease is an event, sponsored by the wonderful Ms. Sandra Bunino, where authors are spotlighting a few lines or a paragraph or two from their stories. Readers, you get to sample some delicious snippets and be teased, titillated and tantalized into the weekend!
My contribution to MWT this week is from one of the books in my erotic urban fantasy series, C.O.V.E.N.. It's called Open World. This book follows the world I created in AFK, my story in the Evernight Publishing anthology, Keyboards & Kink. Enjoy!
* It surprised him how those he knew became their characters so easily and acted as if the game world was the real world. Their mission for the LAN party was to test out the game in role playing mode. How the whole thing turned into an open world where players could roam freely through the virtual world and were given so much freedom in choosing how or when to approach objectives was beyond him. But then again… It also seemed like someone had tweaked the game to play in sandbox mode. A player with enough know-how to give themselves tools to modify the world themselves and direct how the game is played.
* But who?
* “James? Who in here has the knowledge to change the game’s code from here?”
* “The few who do wouldn’t jeopardize their jobs by messing with it now. Why?”
* “Aside from the hocus-pocus stuff with us literally getting sucked into the game, don’t you find it strange how real everything was? How easy it was to manipulate and be manipulated in there? As for why, I was hoping you might have a guess.”
* “Now that you mention it, yes, I noticed the play.” James shook his head. “But I have no clue why. And the people who I’d call to ask are in this room and locked into the C.O.V.E.N. world.”
Look for buy links to this C.O.V.E.N. story here: Casey Moss Website.
Visit these other wonderful authors for more MWT goodness!