March 27, 2013

Hump Day H00k ~ 'They conspire...' #HDH for Mar. 27

Hi all! Time's sure flying, isn't it? Another week's come and gone, and we're back to Hump Day Hook where authors share snippets from their stories. :)
Since my alter ego's blog (C.R. Moss blog) is currently occupied with another post, I decided to share a bit from this pen name and my book Tracked. The snippet that follows, like last week, is from the beginning of the story, setting the tone for what's to come with the main characters. Next week we'll be back at my other blog. Enjoy!

* What displeases me, though, is there are people who would conspire against me, hinder my plans to be with him. Why should anyone but him have a say in who he loves and does not love? Why should they keep him from me? He should be the only one to make the choice who he wants to be with (me) and who he loves (me, of course). No one else should do it for him or interfere in our relationship. The fact they do hinder my plans to be with him makes me angry.

Please don't forget to stop by and read the other authors participating in this week's HDH ~ http://humpdayhook.blogspot.co.uk

For more on Tracked, visit: Tracked at caseymoss.com


13 comments:

  1. I can understand the anger. Nice hook! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intriguing snippet. Great hook!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makes me curious as to who is conspiring against her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She sounds rather possessive, but it seems she has a reason to be since someone is trying to break up her relationship. Makes me wonder how she'll respond to this threatening person. Nice hook!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nicely done. I definitely want to know more about her.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great hook. Love the tone and the voice of the character :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very single minded in her focus!! Wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of her anger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good hook. Felt the anger and frustration. Want to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks all for stopping by and commenting. yeah, that's one character the other characters shouldn't mess with. ;)
    C.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great emotional connection in the hook :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dramatic, full of pent up emotions that hooked me

    ReplyDelete