What would you like to tell readers about yourself?
* Gail Barrett is the award-winning author of thirteen romantic suspense novels. A former RITA® and Daphne finalist, Gail has received the Book Buyer’s Best Award, the Holt Medallion, the Booksellers Best, The National Readers’ Choice Award, and numerous other awards. She lives with her husband in Western Maryland.
What are you going to tell us about today?
* My story romantic suspense story A Kiss to Die For. Available now from Harlequin.
A look into the story
* Former debutant Haley Barnes learned the hard way how to survive. After witnessing a cold-blooded murder, the terrified teenaged runaway changed her identity and hid to save her life. But when the killer tracks her down and attacks the girls in the homeless shelter she now runs, Haley knows the time has come to stand and fight. But to bring down the powerful killer she must confront her high-society family’s darkest secrets -- and convince wounded warrior Sully Turner he’s the hero she believes.
* “No. Not yet. I can’t,” she added when he hissed. “I have to try to get answers. If my parents won’t talk, if I don’t learn anything at the fundraiser, then I’ll reconsider my plan. But I have to give it a shot.”
* Frustrated, he gripped the back of his neck. He was starting to realize how she’d survived the streets -- she was too damned stubborn to quit. “Then at least take a cop as your bodyguard.”
* “No. It’s either you or no one. I won’t change my mind about that. I can’t. I’ll never figure out who’s involved if I tip him off.”
* His jaw clenched. Dread mingled with desperation at the thought of her taking on the killer alone. “That’s not fair.”
* A sad smile curved her lips. “Don’t worry, Sully. I don’t blame you for not wanting to do this. I’ve already involved you enough.”
* Suddenly feeling cornered, Sully turned to the window and scowled out at the city lights. She’d just given him an out. He should leave right now while he still could. But he couldn’t let her go to that fundraiser alone. He’d never forgive himself if she got killed.
* But how could he protect her? He was the worst possible man for the job. He swung around to face her again. “For God’s sakes, Haley. Why can’t you understand this? I’m not the man you need.”
* “But you’re the one I want.”
Buy A Kiss to Die For here...
Harlequin | Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Find Gail Barrett here...
Website | Facebook Fan Page | Twitter
Thank you for joining us here today, Gail Barrett! It was a pleasure getting to know you and your story.
ANNOUNCEMENT! Gail will be awarding a $25 Amazon gift certificate and either a signed print copy (US ONLY) or an electronic copy of Fatal Exposure (Buried Secrets book one) to one randomly drawn commenter during this tour and her other Super Book Blast on August 27th! COMMENTS ON THIS BLOG DO NOT COUNT -- So be sure to visit the OFFICIAL TOUR STOPS -- find them here: goddessfishpromotions-book-blast-kiss-to-die & comment on them for a chance to win!