Welcome to the middle of the week!
Mid Week Tease is an event where authors are spotlighting a few lines or a paragraph or two from their stories. Readers, you get to sample some delicious snippets and be teased, titillated and tantalized into the weekend!
My contribution to MWT this week is from an erotic urban fantasy story I'm working on called Open World. This book continues with the world I created in AFK, my story in the Evernight Publishing anthology, Keyboards & Kink. Enjoy!
* I can’t let them see me sweat. If any of them catch wind that I’m not the laid back dude I’ve presented myself as, then everything I’ve worked for will be over. I can’t have that.
* Replaying the events of the past few minutes in his head, he dissected them bit by bit in an attempt to find anything. Just one smidgen of information could give him a clue as to the abnormal sensations he’d been experiencing. A cool breeze brushed his skin, sending goose bumps to dance with the hairs on his arm. He closed his eyes and let his thoughts glide where they wanted. The task of sorting the details sent him into a calm, meditative state. Through the process he used to mull over difficult enigmas, he hoped the answer would reveal itself.
* As if on automatic pilot, he breathed deep of the mesquite scent wafting from the wood chips amongst the coals and slowed his heart of its frantic pace. Concentrate, he told himself.
* Emotions and reactions in check, he willed a protective aura shield around himself.
* Pick up on the man’s thoughts. Sense his purpose.
Find out more about AFK here: AFK: Keyboards & Kink
Visit these other wonderful authors for more MWT goodness!