Welcome to the middle of the week!
Mid Week Tease is an event where authors are spotlighting a few lines or a paragraph or two from their stories. Readers, you get to sample some delicious snippets and be teased, titillated and tantalized into the weekend!
My contribution to MWT this week is from In the Cards, an erotic horror story I'm working on. Figured another peek into it would be the right thing to share with Halloween just around the corner. This part picks up right after where we left off last week. Enjoy!
* A gray mist-like ribbon weaved through the beaded strings without disturbing them. Trailing the mist was the faint trace of a woman’s laughter which hung in the air like the soft scent of perfume of a passerby.
* She blinked, shook her head, questioning if what she’d heard or seen was real or imagination, wondering if she suddenly had lost her mind.
* Being in the back room no longer seemed like such a hot idea.
* Stop it. You’re creeping yourself out.
* Closing her eyes, she breathed deep, keeping in mind she chose her room’s location for its macabre ambiance. She alone decided to give the space its gothic feel and to dress in dark colored, flowing peasant blouses and skirts to play the part. Clients apparently liked that kind of stuff, and it added to the experience of receiving a reading. But right now…
* Tanner slowly opened her eyes, stared at the table and hovered a hand above the artistic cards. The energy emanating from them was intense. The air broiled with a heavy gloom. She likened the sensation to walking into a room where an argument had just occurred. It was the same oppressive feeling she had the last three times the same cards had appeared in her personal reading.
. . .Visit these other wonderful authors for more MWT goodness!