Welcome to the middle of the week!
Mid Week Tease is an event, sponsored by the wonderful Ms. Sandra Bunino, where authors are spotlighting a few lines or a paragraph or two from their stories. Readers, you get to sample some delicious snippets and be teased, titillated and tantalized into the weekend!
My contribution to MWT this week is from the next book I'm working on in my erotic urban fantasy series, C.O.V.E.N., called Open World--Continuum. This book continues with the world I created in AFK , my story in the Evernight Publishing anthology, Keyboards & Kink and the with the ongoing LAN party in book 1: Open World. Enjoy!
* Corbet Jenkins jolted awake, almost knocking himself out of the chair. He grasped onto the edge of the table to steady himself, blinking several times to gain his bearings. His character on the monitor stood motionless in a regeneration room in his clan’s gathering center. He pounded on the table with his fists and jumped up. The chair tipped and clattered on the floor.
* Everyone else who had gathered for the crunch time testing of the massively multiplayer online role-playing game C.O.V.E.N. remained in their suspended animation states. At least that’s what he called the sleep-like condition they’d all found themselves in. They looked like the characters in that cartoon movie his mother had taken him to see when he was a kid. The one where a princess fell asleep for a long time and so did everyone else. Happy they were all down for the count and not caring why he was the only one up and about, Cor pulled out a small notepad from his pants’ pocket, grabbed a pen from the table and jotted down notes. He’d call in his findings, but he didn’t want to chance someone else popping out of the game and learning what he was up to.
* Sociological ramifications unestablished at this time.
* Extraordinary occurrence—crystal pyramids? Rain storm? Electrical?—caused catatonic event for all players and real incorporation into game. Warrants further study.
* Deferred to secondary mission—manipulation of other characters. Brief success. Due to real incorporation? In spite of? Warrants further attempts.
* If incorporation continues, rethink parameters of experiment. Possible new applications: psychic powers, telepathy, teleportation, auric field manipulation, etc? Assimilate people into game? Large scale functions in real world?
Find out more about Open World here: Website.
Visit these other wonderful authors for more MWT goodness!